Effective Date: Jan 1, 2019
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is any information that directly and indirectly identifies an individual user or that could be used to contact or locate him or her including name, email, phone number and address. Aggregated or anonymized information does not constitute personal information.
- Account Information. We may collect personal information that you provide to us in connection with your use of the Service when you register as a user of the Service, send e-mail messages, forms, or other information to us through the Service, or enter a drawing or giveaway offered through the Service. If you register for a Spero Goods account directly through the Service, you will be required to provide your email address.
- Information You Share on the Service. Some portions of the Service allow you to submit comments, reviews, ratings and other content. This content may be displayed on the Service and may be viewable by other users of the Service.
- Geolocation Information. If you access the Service through a mobile device, we will automatically collect information about your geolocation, including your geolocation relative to and within third party merchant locations.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Pixel tags are very small images or small pieces of data embedded in images, also known as “web beacons” or “clear GIFs,” that can recognize cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, a description of the page where the pixel tag is placed, and similar information from your computer or device.
We generally treat information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies as non-personal information. However, to the extent that IP addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we treat cookie information with identifiers as personal information.
Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the amount of time you spend using the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
Some of the functions performed by cookies are strictly necessary for us to be able to offer you our Service, while other cookies provide us with valuable insight about how we can improve our Service or help us with marketing our products and services to you based on your interests and preferences.
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted (i.e. after you have finished browsing).
First and Third Party Cookies
When you access our Services, we or companies we work with may place cookies on your computer or other device. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, and inform us about which parts of our websites people have visited.
We use both first-party and third-party cookies on our Service. First-party cookies are cookies that are placed on your device by us, while third-party cookies are set by parties other than Spero Goods. Third-party cookies are operated by third parties that can recognize your device both when it visits our Service and when it visits other websites or mobile apps. Spero Goods does not control how third-party cookies are used, and we encourage you to check the websites of any third-party cookie providers for more information about how they use cookie information.
Advertising Tracking Technology and Analytics
Spero Goods uses third party service providers to display advertising on our Services and serve advertising on other third party sites that are more relevant to you or your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations, such as advertisers. This means that after you have used our Services, you may see some advertisements about our Services elsewhere on the Internet. The information collected through this process by the third party service providers does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personal information that directly identifies you unless you choose to provide these. Such advertising will only be delivered where permitted by applicable law.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
Spero Goods may use information that we collect about you through the Service:
- To provide access to the Service and to provide you with requested services and customer support and to process and respond to your inquiries;
- To personalize, customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising and otherwise to enhance your experience of the Service;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Spero Goods Terms of Service;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Service;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- To contact you with information, including promotional, marketing and advertising information and recommendations that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To provide you with other services requested by you as described when we collect the information;
- To send push notifications to your mobile device to provide updates about the Service and other relevant messages, to the extent you consent to this during registration process; and
SHARING OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We take care to allow your personal information to be accessed only by those who really need to in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to share with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We may share information that we collect through the Services with third parties as follows:
- Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party contractors or service providers who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service or otherwise responding to your customer service requests. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to provide your information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use for the Service.
- Business Transfers or Bankruptcy. If Spero Goods becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, Spero Goods may share or transfer your personal information to a third party or parties in connection with the applicable transaction.
- Law Enforcement Authorities. To the extent permitted or required by law, we may share your personal information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Spero Goods user to legal liability, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES
If you visit the Service from a third-party website the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Service. Your activities on the Service while this type of code is active may be reported back to the third party website. The presence of a third party navigation bar at the top of a webpage is an indication that the third party website may be able to see your activity on the Service.
We may also provide social media features through the Service that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with the Service on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these sites, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
Spero Goods takes reasonable measures to protect the information you provide to Spero Goods or submit through the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Spero Goods or submit through the Service and you do so at your own risk. No internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. Email sent to or through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
ACCESSING, CHANGING AND MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
You may change and update the information you provide through the Service, or change your preferences concerning how we use your personal information, as follows:
Changing, Updating or Deleting Your Information. You may make changes to the user information you provided in connection with your Spero Goods account by logging in to your account and changing the applicable information. If you choose to terminate your account, you may also request that we delete your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Following receipt of a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to update, correct or delete your information as required under the applicable law.
- Gateway Services (Third Parties). Spero Goods does not control the information you provide to Gateway Services. If you want to change your preferences with regard to how an applicable Gateway Service collects or uses your personal information in connection with the Service, you should review the privacy practices of the applicable Gateway Service and adjust your privacy or other settings directly through the applicable Gateway Service.
Spero Goods is not intended for use by children under the age of ten (10). We will never knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of ten (10) without verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of ten (10), please do not provide us with information of any kind whatsoever. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be familiar with the websites they visit. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident you may request a notice from us describing what categories of personal information (if any) we have shared with third parties, including our corporate affiliates, for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. You may request such notice once a year and free of charge. To request a notice, please contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy and indicate in the email subject line “California Shine The Light Request” so that we can process your request. Please include your mailing address, state of residence and email address with your request.